OnePlus has started making a new Android 13 developer preview for OnePlus 10 Pro. The new build comes a month after the first developer preview. OnePlus solved many issues with the new build, improved the camera experience, and extended the monthly security patch version to May 2022. Read along for more details about OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Developer Preview 2.
If you joined the Developer Preview Program last month, you will receive another Developer Preview Build Update throughout the year. However, if you’re running stable Android 12, you can manually upgrade your device to Android 13DP to try out the new features and changes in Android. Although we do not recommend installing DP on your primary smartphone, if you have a secondary smartphone or are in a hurry to test Android 13, you can follow the steps listed in the installation section.
OnePlus has launched a preview of the new Android 13 developer that improves the camera’s overall shooting effect, as well as the May 2022 monthly security patch. The company has fixed a number of issues with this update, including data misuse issues, 5G network on / off crashes, failure to close all background programs, and more. This includes the place where the lock screen password was required. To enter after factory reset. Here is the complete change log shared by OnePlus.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 DP 2 Issues
- UI display sometimes might be abnormal
- Music playing cannot be paused normally via wired headphones
- Occasional abnormal response for gesture operation when the screen was off
- No response when tapping the video call button
- Auto brightness sometimes works abnormally
- Crash issue when setting the Fingerprint animation in Personalizations
- Lagging issue caused by switching screen refresh rate
- Some applications might be lost after upgrading
As I mentioned earlier, if your OnePlus 10 Pro runs on Android 13 Developer Preview, you’ll receive a new update over the air. But if you’re on a stable version, you’ll need to manually upgrade your phone. You can use the download links below for Android 13 Developer Preview Builds. The device is at risk of being bricked, so make sure you have a full backup of all the data. You can also go back to stable construction. Here are the links to both Android 13 DP builds and previous stable builds.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 DP 2 – Changelog
- [Fixed] the issue that Data usage cannot display
- [Fixed] the issue of crash when turning off/on 5G network
- [Fixed] the issue that unable to close all background programs
- [Fixed] the issue that the lock screen password was required to enter the launcher after restoring factory settings
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- [Optimized] the overall shooting effect of the camera, improved the user experience
Aside from a detailed changelog, OnePlus also shared a list of known issues available in the second developer preview of Android 13 on OnePlus 10 Pro. Check out the list of known issues here.
Download Android 13 Developer Preview 2 for OnePlus 10 Pro
- OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post
- Take a full backup of your phone
- 4GB of free space required
- Charge your phone to at least 30%
- TMO/VZW carriers are not compatible with Android 13 DP.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to install Android 13 Developer Preview on OnePlus 10 Pro
- First, you need to download the Android 13 DP build from the afore-listed download links.
- Now copy the package to your phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Then, head over to the system settings > system updates > click on the hover icon available on the top right corner > local upgrade > select the file.
- All done, restart your device.
- That’s it.
If you encounter a problem, you can go back to the previous stable build, you can download the blood file from the links entered earlier. that’s it.