In this guide, we will show you the steps to downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 [OxygenOS 12] to Android 11 [OxygenOS 11]. It’s hard to remember a brand that has disintegrated itself like this. What is even more interesting is that the cause of his downfall is right before their eyes and yet they are doing “nothing” to stop it.
On the contrary, they are only digging a grave for themselves and making it deeper with each passing day. As if incorporating ColorOS into OxygenOS wasn’t enough, it has now gone to the extent of copying hardware aspects as well. And no one makes that statement better than users of the Nord CE 2 [for the uninitiated, this device is a near carbon copy of the Oppo Reno 7].
However, let’s put that aside and focus on the optimistic side for now. At the time of writing, the device has been blessed with the twelfth iteration of the OS. However, it is still in beta stage and some bugs and issues are along the expected lines. And this is indeed the case, as OnePlus highlights, you may face the following issues:
- The time displays on AOD abnormally.
- No location information in the video details.
- The sound might not play when connected to a wireless earphone in the App cloner version of WhatsApp.
Also, there may be undocumented performance issues, system instability, and apps incompatibility so if all these bugs are too much or OxygenOS is not compatible to your liking, you should root your OnePlus Nord CE 2. can be downgraded. From Android 12 to Android 11. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do just that. Follow along.
Downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11
STEP 1: Download OnePlus Nord CE 2 Downgrade Firmware
- First off, get hold of the rollback firmware for your device from below:INDIAN VERSION: oplus_ota_downgrade_Rollback.zip
- Once downloaded, transfer the file to your device’s Internal storage [but not inside any folder].
- Moreover, the name of the firmware will be oplus_ota_downgrade_Rollback.zip.
- So delete the _Rename from the end, so that the name becomes oplus_ota_downgrade.zip.
STEP 2: Downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11
- To begin with, head over to Settings > About Device > Version.
- Then tap on the Build Number 7 times. This will enable Developer Mode.
- After that, go to Settings -> About device -> Software update.
- Then tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right and select Local Install.
- Now select the rollback firmware and tap on Extract. Then tap on Upgrade.
- The downgrade process will now begin. Once done, hit Restart.
- That’s it. Your device will now boot to the Android 11 OS.
So these were the steps to downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11. If you have any queries regarding the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.
Can I Downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 using MSM Download Tool?
Unfortunately not. This is because MSM download tool is only for OnePlus devices that come with Qualcomm chipset [this is because only Qualcomm devices come with secondary download mode, also known as emergency download mode Is]. But since your device comes with MediaTek chipset, you won’t be able to use this tool [due to lack of EDL mode].