Google’s Android 12 is now official, the software maker is already out under the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Aside from the Pixel devices, Samsung and OnePlus’s top flagship are also eligible to enjoy the latest version of Android via the beta testing program.
Android 12 comes with a new user interface powered by Material You, smart features, a better and round UX design as well as numerous security enhancements over the previous version of the Android operating system.
The Android 12 Beta program will be initiated by other Android users such as – Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Realme, and other Chinese as well as international brands. Following a successful beta run, these device makers will send stable Android 12 based software skins to corresponding smartphones.
However, different OEMs have their own rollout and upgrade processes. For instance, some rollout procedure to major version takes time, while some waits even to begin the testing activity.
Still, there’s another way that Android phone users can install the latest Android version using an “Android 12 custom ROM”. There are plenty of developers on XDA that made this possible and brought you a collection of Android 12 custom software builds.
Download Android 12 custom ROM, which enables you to flash your phone (eligible) with the Android 12 and installs the latest software features on the devices.
To be mentioned, the possibility of BUGS and Issues in these custom software is likely to be there because these aren’t Official builds of the respective smartphone maker. Below you can download the latest custom Android 12 ROM.
Some known issues on OnePlus Devices:
- Encryption is not working, so it is disabled. If you have /data encrypted, do not flash this ROM without formatting /data first.
How to install these custom Builds on OnePlus:
- Backup everything.
- The provided zip can be installed using the TWRP recovery: clear data while doing that.
- The ROM expects the firmware from OOS 10.0.1: different firmware is not tested.
- GApps is not available for Android 12 yet.
- The provided recovery allows only flashing signed images: use TWRP if you need to flash GApps or different packages.
- If you want to keep the TWRP flashed, flash the persist_twrp.zip provided here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aosponeplus/files/Misc/
- And flash the TWRP image you prefer.
Information regarding the Xiaomi Android 12 Custom Build:
Features that are currently working on MIUI 13 build:
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Download the latest build and GApps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash proper vendor and firmware
- Flash the latest build and GApps
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]