In this guide, we will show you the steps to install Pixel Experience ROM on your OnePlus 10T. It is really a difficult task to describe this device in its true form. While OnePlus has done its best to keep this T variant below its Pro version, the sacrifices made are sure to leave many users scratching their heads.
In this regard, the removal of the alert slider and Hasselblad camera is something that may not be welcomed by everyone. Speaking of not being welcome, how can we get past the inclusion of ColorOS on top of OxygenOS in-house? Fortunately, in this domain, we can take matters into our own hands and say goodbye to this bloated OS in favor of a clean and stock ecosystem.
And it is not. The environment will also feature some Pixel goods and the ever-loved Material You’re theming design. All this is possible thanks to the generic system image known as GSI. So without further ado, let us walk you through the steps to install Pixel Experience ROM on your OnePlus 10T.
Information of Pixel Experience
Android Version : 12.1
Status : Stable
Custom ROM : Pixel Experience
Devices : OnePlus 10T
Download Pixel Experience for OnePlus 10T
Download: Pixel Experience ROM
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 10T
The instructions given below are listed in separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow the same order as mentioned. Pixelroms.com and its members will not be held responsible in the event of a thermonuclear war, your alarm does not wake you up, or if something happens to your device and data by performing the following steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
Download : Link
STEP 2: Download Pixel Experience for OnePlus 10T
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 10T
STEP 4: Extract OnePlus 10T Payload.bin
- To begin with, download and extract the stock firmware for your device.
- Once extracted, you will get a couple of files, including the payload.bin file.
- So exact this payload file
- Once the extraction is complete, copy the vbmeta.img file from there.
- Then transfer it to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Boot OnePlus 10T to FastbootD Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Finally, type in the below command to boot your device to the Fastboot Mode
fastboot reboot fastboot
STEP 6: Delete cow Partitions
- Download the Fastboot Enhance Tool and extract it on your PC. Then launch it via its EXE file.
- Your device should be listed under the Fastboot Virtualization tab, click on it.
- After that, go to the Partitions tab and type in cow in the Filter by name box.
- Select all the partitions from the results that have cow in their name and hit the Delete button.
STEP 7: Flash Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 10T
- To begin with, extract the GSI ROM inside the platform-tools folder.
- Then rename it the ROM file to system, so that the complete name becomes system.img.
- Also, make sure that the vbmeta file is also present inside the platform-tools folder and your device is booted to FastbootD Mode.
- If that’s well and good, then use the below command to flash vbmeta and hence disable the verification check
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- After that, erase the system partition via the below command
fastboot erase system
- Then use the below command to flash the GSI ROM onto your OnePlus 10T
fastboot flash system system.img
- Once done, you may now boot your device to the newly installed ROM via the below command
that’s it. These were the steps to install custom/GSI ROM on your OnePlus 10T. If you have any queries regarding the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.